We're not alone . . .

Subject: We're not alone . . .
From: "Kathleen Jette" <jette -at- pcigeomatics -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:55:27 -0400

Looks like we are not the only ones struggling with our professional
identity:

http://asktog.com/columns/057ItsTimeWeGotRespect.html

This is by Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini. It is about what to call their
profession and the need for organizing.

Perhaps we should be calling ourselves Information Architects?

On the other hand, it seems to me that "Usability Professionals",
"Interaction Architects", and "Technical Writers/Communicators" can be
considered as one group with different specialties. The main focus for us
all is effective communication.

Regards,
Kathleen Jette
Technical Writer
PCI Geomatics
www.pcigeomatics.com

"Opportunity is missed by most people,
because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com