RE: Jobs going Overseas 2nd OT

Subject: RE: Jobs going Overseas 2nd OT
From: "Brent P. Newhall" <me -at- other-space -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:24:24 -0400 (EDT)

Sean Wheller wrote:
> --- "Brent P. Newhall" <me -at- other-space -dot- com> wrote:
>> * We're guaranteed to know the language, and
>> language comprehension (or
>> lack thereof) will be obvious much more quickly with
>> a local TW than with
>> an outsourced one.
>
> Indian writers can make the same claim. In fact many
> of them speak and write nearly perfect English.

Many of them, certainly. Most? All? As many as English speakers?

I don't know. I do know that, in my experience, my local colleagues have
generally had much stronger English skills than my international
colleagues. :shrug: I'm simply offering an opinion.

[snip]
> Communication is essential in our job, but there is no
> preference on the medium for communication.

I would hesitate to make such a blanket statement as this. I certainly
have a strong preference for face-to-face communication, and studies have
shown that it is the most efficient in terms of the amount of information
presented and minimal chance of misinterpretation.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Do you have any thoughts on how
remote development can be inferior to face-to-face development?

--
Brent P. Newhall
http://brent.other-space.com/

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3