Re: Writer? Designer? Writer/Designer?

Subject: Re: Writer? Designer? Writer/Designer?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:49:48 -0700 (PDT)

> My question is this: how many of you are expected to
> take a project from A
> to Z (writing through desiging to available on line)
> and how many of you
> have other departments that do the design stuff? For
> those of you who do it
> all, do you have real specific standards you need to
> follow?

I always take a project from A to Z, even if I only
know how to get to H. Why? Learning experience, and
the chance to prove ability.

Writing online Help for the web is actually not that
difficult once you familiarize yourself with the big
picture.

You'll need HTML knowledge. Whether or not you will be
hand-coding, knowing the what, why, and how of basic
HTML will help you in understanding what you need to
do.

You'll also need to sit down and talk to your web
people to see what they plan on implementing, how, and
why, and to learn about what's already there. Plan on
spending a lot of time with them, and if you have to ,
request a specific person you know will be comfortable
with helping you ramp up on all of it from a knowledge
standpoint.

Projects like these are great. They really open your
eyes to what you're really capable of doing. Don't
focus on the end result and freak out. Take it one
challenge at a time and have fun with it.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com