Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.

Subject: Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:29:36 -0500

Hi. Has anyone run into timed tests from recruiters before the client company will even look at your resume? I've never taken a test like this and it makes me nervous, especially because it's timed, which means to me that the company has some bizarro requirement that they won't tell you about.

The tests are:

1) You get the description of a product, with directions. You have to edit
and write directions that make sense to the reader. 1/2 hour timed.

2) Instructions and creation of a simple flow chart. 1 hour timed.

Essentially they are to access you thinking/processing or the information
and ability to write it into an understandable format.

I hesitate to take these tests just for principle sake, but I'm not sure. Any opinions oh whirlers?

--
Michele

"I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand." Andy Rooney
www.krautgrrl.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com