RE: Leaving Techwhirlers

Subject: RE: Leaving Techwhirlers
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:32:10 -0500

Okay, I have started writing a message regarding email a few times over
the last two days, but now feel compelled to join in. I use Microsoft
products exclusively, and I have maybe received a dozen "spam" messages
over the past week or two. I have not anything to my mail filters--other
than adding the messages that did get through to my junk sender's list.

Darren said it is the user's fault, and Diane said it is Microsoft...
what about the IT/IS department? I feel for those of you that have been
affected because I have had the same problem a time or two on my home
computer over the years, but those were years ago. I have never had a
problem at any of my jobs. I think it is too easy to blame Microsoft,
some responsibility has to be taken by the user and/or the IT/IS
department.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/

Stay in Touch
Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM)
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com