Biding oh Projects - New to this concept

Subject: Biding oh Projects - New to this concept
From: "Anachie Shakespeare" <anachie -at- lycos -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:38:49 -0400

All:

I?ve been asked by a client to bid on two projects, one for a hard copy run of the mill Frame manual (no template creation involved), the other is online help.

I?ve never done this before (normally work at an hourly rate) and I don?t want to underbid myself, nor do I want to submit a proposal that?s outrageous either. So:

1.Does anyone out there have advice regarding biding on jobs: the pluses, minuses, pitfalls, etc.

2.Does anyone out there use specific templates that outlines a project?s breakdown: word, frame, excel to submit to the client, if you could share, I would be extremely grateful.

3.Does anyone out there know of any websites (tech writing specific, and yes I did try to find some on raycomm; probably looking in the wrong place) that talk about this, and how about books?

If you have any additional information regarding this subject (good or bad), please send me your thoughts.

Most appreciative,

Anachie

Diabetics: Click here for a Free Glucose Meter from Access Diabetic.
http://r.hotbot.com/r/lmt_ad/http://mocda4.com/1/c/563632/102938/302214/302214
This offer applies to U.S. Residents Only

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com