FW: DB app recommendations?

Subject: FW: DB app recommendations?
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:28:36 -0400

We have Access, but as I said, its limits seem to rule it out. And quantity
of data doesn't seem to justify Oracle.

The writing side of the shop uses Word exclusively -- but as you pointed
out, it would be preferable if the DB speaks XML or RTF, which would make
the data useful for any number of apps.

OCR limitations are well known, but the hard copy's gotta be ingested
somehow.

Editing is the least of our troubles. We have an excellent review system in
place -- we just need a better way to mine the existing, available text
while building a first draft. This is *not* a single-source documentation
project, but rather an attempt to add tools to the existing mining process.

Thanks,

Dan Goldstein