Re: Unsubscribing and HTML e-mail? (was: Blocked)

From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:48:22 -0700

This is exactly the method I use in my personal email. When I subscribe to
something, I enter its address/domain into a "valid address" list that overrides
all the spam blocking filter's rules. The one difference is that the first time
an
unknown email arrives that meets the filter's rules for spam, the filter
displays
it so I can decide for myself whether it's something I want to tag as "valid"
before it proceeds to delete it and block subsequent emails from the same
address/domain from that point on.

As far as business-to-business marketing messages being "legitimate," unless
I specifically signed up to receive them, as far as I'm concerned they're spam,
and I let the filter kill, blacklist and bounce them back to sender. People who
send out unsolicited marketing emails and tell themselves they're not spammers
are just deluding themselves.

Gene Kim-Eng