Re: Blocked?

Subject: Re: Blocked?
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:28:18 -0400

A somewhat more serious question about content-filtering tools:

When we send out a bulk email message, we comply with the law by including instructions for the recipient to unsubscribe from our mailing list. Now I am getting bounce messages from filtering tools that use the word _unsubscribe_ as a trigger. I guess there are companies that just don't want their employees to subscribe to any sort of industry newsletter, but I find this rather silly, not to mention annoying. Does anyone have a workaround for this kind of filtering?

Of course the bigger issue for us is that some companies automatically reject _all_ html email, and I can't get our marketing types off their html jones (they think they get a better response rate with it). But that's a battle for another day.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]