RE: Interdepartmental Projects

Subject: RE: Interdepartmental Projects
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:26:26 -0500

Al wrote:

>Most businesses have accounting codes to which different departments
charge
>their work, regardless of who actually does it. Why doesn't your
Marketing
>department provide you an accounting number against which to charge
your
>work?

I was brought in in late May for a 3-month assignment but was worked
into the Operations budget to stay on at least until the end of the
year, where if all goes well I will be brought on board in January. I am
completely unaware of the accounting codes, but what you said has been
discussed. With the current economy, everyone's budgets are tight and I
do not think I should explain the our budget process.

I was aiming more for how often other departments approach you for
projects. It seemed to me that the marketing project was a simple in and
out smile and wave goodbye project, but it turned out to be a bit more
than that. I am not placing any blame on anybody here, but the area of
concern was that it was supposed to be a simple project that quickly
became more involved.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/

Stay in Touch
Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM)
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...