RE: What's on your TC bookshelf?

Subject: RE: What's on your TC bookshelf?
From: "Lippincott, Rick" <Rick -dot- Lippincott -at- flir -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:15:24 -0400

I've got some old classics: Bernstein's "The Careful Writer," Joseph
Williams "Style," Brusaw/Aldred/Oliu's "Handbook of Technical Writing,"
Houp & Pearsall's "Reporting Technical Information." Those plus a US
Government Style Guide go back to my days at RPI.

More recent is Horton's "Designing and Writing Online Documentation."
There are a few technical reference manuals for telecom, but I don't
need them in my current gig.

The two most relevant things on my shelf for the current job are
Millhollon & Murray's "Microsoft Word 2002 Inside Out" and a 1/6 scale
model of the Army's AH-6 "Little Bird" helicopter. (It's about 3.5' [1m]
long, so it takes up a -lot- of space. This is a honkin' big model.)

--Rick Lippincott
FLIR Systems
Billerica, MA