Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?

Subject: Re: What's on your TC bookshelf?
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:58:51 -0500

Chuck has an impressive collection. I was raised in this family that is old school and old money. I was raised on never buying books, but borrowing them from friends, family and libraries. My father buys DVDs and rents them out to people at work for a fee. Honest. We are an unusual family.

I have:
(not included my own published titles)
O'Rielly UNIX, Java, DHTML
Flash 5
Oracle Financials Handbook
Java Design
The Essential Guide to UI Design
Beginner's Guide to Programming
Rapid Instructional Deisgm
The NY Public Library Writer's Guide to Style and Usage
Strunk & White
CMS
M-W
Indexing: A Nuts-and-Bolts Guide for Technical Writers
When Words Collide
University of Minnesota Style Manual
AP Style Manual
Roget's Thesaurus
A Style Guide for the Computer Industry
The Microsoft Manual of Style
The Art of Indexing
Power Calling
Dictionary of American Slang
The Transitive Vampire
A System of Policies and Procedures
Dictionary of Euphemisms and Other Doubletalk
Syntactical French
The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers

my books (authored, co-authored, tech edited, etc) include:
Studio MX
Dreamweaver MX and Fireworks MX
Dynamic HTML
HTML 4 Bible
Beginner's Guide to Networking
Facts on File Biology
Secrets of the Playstation 2

Chuck Martin wrote:

I leaned back from my work a little while ago and looked at the stacks of
book on my desk and realized I had quite an interesting and useful
collection--and thet were probably less than half of my total TW/tech
library. The thought occurred: how does this compare with others? I use many
of these at different times, to double-check grammatical and style rules, to
look up code, to support my decisions, and so on.