Re: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?

Subject: Re: Biomed - Wave of the Future - Evolve?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:12:44 -0700 (PDT)

> John Posada wrote:
> > Tell me...if I came to you and asked you to write
> something involving
> > laser-induced fluorescence or frequencies of
> catalytic reactions, would
> your
> > eyes glaze over, or would you at least know how to
> start, where to go, and
> > what questions to ask?
>
> Sure I'd know where to start:
> 1. Google
> 2. A good textbook at the appropriate level.
> Available from, (uhhh..).
> bn.com, or maybe even on my own bookshelf.
> 4. Friends or colleagues who are experts in the
> subject matter.

Great. How long will it take you to have an in-depth
understanding of the subject matter in order to take a
scientists notes on the matter and go to town with
writing a reference manual?

My guess is your ramp-up time is going to be
considerable, and many companies do not have time as a
luxury these days. Money talks, and there's less of it
going around these days, which puts more demand on
knowledgeable people who can get product out the door
asap. Why? To bring in money!

It's not about skills or potential. It's about the
bottom line.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com