RE: FW: Documentation Change Requests

Subject: RE: FW: Documentation Change Requests
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Daniel_Hall -at- trendmicro -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 08 Sep 2003 23:17:26 GMT

If utilized correctly, DCRs can be a very useful tool.
For example, at 2 of the last 3 companies I worked at,
people requesting changes to released documents were
required to obtain the various signoffs (Engineering,
Safety, QA, etc.) *before* the DCRs were routed to
Publications for implementation. All we had to do to
release the completed revision was add any additional
changes we made to update formats and such, then sign
off on our line and send it in the Doc Ctrl. Good
procedure can be your friend.

Gene Kim-Eng