RE: Web site maintenance by non-technical users

Subject: RE: Web site maintenance by non-technical users
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'Cynthia Armistead'" <listmail -at- technomom -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:46:17 -0700

I have a similar scenario for a little pro bono work I'm doing. It's for
a non-profit organization, and we wanted board members to be able to
make simple updates to the site without my assistance. I'm installing
Movable Type (www.movabletype.org) to serve as the front "news" page of
their site. That way they can post events, program changes, etc. from a
simple Web interface without faffing about with FTP, etc. MT has the
added advantage of generating a single archival page for each "item".

Of course, if they want to make profound changes to the site (such as
adding a new section), they need my help. It's not quite ready for
primetime, but if you're interested in seeing it when it's ready, send
me an email. If I get more than a few emails, I'll just post it to this
list when it's done. Thanks. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Words. Words. Words.
http://www.darrenbarefoot.com