Re: A few more words on the job market

Subject: Re: A few more words on the job market
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "Lippincott, Rick" <Rick -dot- Lippincott -at- flir -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:54:25 -0400

Lippincott, Rick wrote:

Don't forget the possibility of d) "We already know that what we really
want to do is hire back the person we let go last year, but due to
various compliance regs we are required to advertise this job first."

Yep. I forgot that one. Shame on me. It's a variant of "We really want to hire the contractor who's already working on the job but we have to advertise the position first." And there's nothing anyone can do about these situations except move on to the next pseudo-opportunity.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]