re Technical writing - off site

Subject: re Technical writing - off site
From: "nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 08:06:33 -0400

Over here in Israel, the idea of earning an American
salary over the Internet is a widespread daydream of
technical writers. But when the topic of long-distance
telecommuting has come up in the past on techwr-l, it's
turned out that the successful offsite writer started out
not by building the first big profitable offsite relationship
from scratch, but by building it onsite first. I know of no
exceptions here in Israel, nor elsewhere. But I'd be happy
to hear that (like "The Immortal Story," if you ever saw
that Orson Welles film) it actually did happen once to
some lucky person.

http://mail2web.com/ .