RE: PHD in Tech writing

Subject: RE: PHD in Tech writing
From: "Beth Agnew" <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:11:55 -0700

I think it depends on the type of program, whether you still have to learn
the job once you graduate. Our very practical one-year post-diploma co-op
program is designed to help students be productive immediately upon
graduation. Many of them find employment as independent contractors or
establish their own techcom practices after they complete the program. The
instructors are veteran technical communicators who impart practical
business strategies along with the theory. Some of our co-op placements are
with employers who have never before used a technical writer, and our
students not only do a great job but evangelize the profession as well.
--Beth

Beth Agnew
Professor, Technical Communication
Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
Toronto, ON 416-491-5050 x3133
http://www.agnewcom.com