Re: OFF TOPIC: Seattle/Fry's

Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: Seattle/Fry's
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:11:32 -0700

"Michele Davis" <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com> wrote in message
news:211778 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
> Hello, I looked up this Fry's phenomenon that some of you are so
> thrilled about, and all I found was that it is owned by the Kroger
> Grocery Store chain, which isn't a designer grocery store to me, but
> perhaps I'm wrong.
>
> I'd appreciate illumination. If it can compete with:
> http://www.byerlys.com/, then I'm all for it!

Fry's is geek heaven. (I don't think I've even seen them put FrameMaker on
sale though, but you can sure get a computer powerful enough to run it
cheaply.)

Just don't ask a "sales associate" anything; know what you want before you
go in, find it, and get out. Or graze on your own.

Don't believe me? This is the legend:
1. Go to Yahoo.
2. Type in "Fry's employment application" (without the quotes).
3. Click Search.

The first (non-sponsored) link is, I believe, the original. Every one below
it is a copy that someone liked and copied.

Chuck Martin