Re: OFF TOPIC: Seattle/Fry's

Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: Seattle/Fry's
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:20:19 -0700

Hello, I looked up this Fry's phenomenon that some of you are so thrilled about, and all I found was that it is owned by the Kroger Grocery Store chain, which isn't a designer grocery store to me, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Wrong Fry's. Try www.outpost.com instead.

I live literally across the freeway from Fry's (which means, 5 minute drive to get there). Their grand opening was last Friday. On Friday, they had Internet-ready computers for $99. On Saturday, it was a 25" TV for $99. On Monday, 512MB of memory was $40 or so...

Diane Evans
Who didn't buy the TV, but watched lines of people like army ants streaming from the store, each with a huge TV in their cart...

Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es