Outsourcing Jobs to India

Subject: Outsourcing Jobs to India
From: me -at- other-space -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:41:25 -0600

Hello, everyone. I'm a recent subscriber to techwr-l; I'm the
documentation manager for a flight simulator manufacturer. I've been
monitoring the debate about outsourcing jobs to India, and while I don't
normally like to leap into a fractious discussion like this, I have a
viewpoint which I haven't yet seen expressed (though I'm on daily digest,
so it may not have shown up yet).

I see a lot of worried debate over whether tech writing jobs will be
outsourced to India. In my opinion, a more fruitful line of debate would
be:

Let's assume that a large number of technical writing jobs will be
outsourced to India (or other places). What kind of technical writing
will be easily outsourced, and what won't? More importantly, how could we
respond to this change?

--
Brent P. Newhall
http://brent.other-space.com/