RE: Is being technical writer boring

Subject: RE: Is being technical writer boring
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: <louise -at- poptel -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:31:22 -0700

Louise asked: "Is being [a] technical writer boring?"

It depends on your attitude and the material you are documenting.

Actually, it seems that frustration is a more common hazard based on a few years on this list. Not necessarily frustration with the work, but frustration with the challenges that come from dealing with SMEs and PHBs.

YMMV -- I like tech writing. I've been doing it since the late 70s.

John Gilger
http://www.thefreeagentpath.com/bjgilger