Re: Weird Word Quirk

Subject: Re: Weird Word Quirk
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: beth -dot- westbrook -at- dhs -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:04:26 -0700

I'm pretty new at my current job and inherited my predecessor's PC and
whatever quirks it has. For some reason, every time I print a document in
MS Word with a page count field it prints as the page number instead (1 of
1, 2 of 2, etc.). Deleting the field and re-inserting doesn't help, but
printing the same document from another PC does fix the problem. Has anybody
else ever encountered this?

Yep. You have Word 97 or 2000 installed. It is a known bug, and requires a patch and a lot of time to install the fix. It's easier to try some workarounds instead. Check the archives here, or read:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental controls. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental