Re: extra words: unnecessary or educational?

Subject: Re: extra words: unnecessary or educational?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:25:08 -0700

To answer the question: it depends. Among other things, it depends on both
the complexity of the message and the capability of the audience.

That said, even though it wasn't asked, I think the sentence can be made
clearer by being made even shorter, something along the lines of:

You can transfer files between your workstation and the system that runs the
transmission program.

Chuck Martin