RE: Please explain this phrase

Subject: RE: Please explain this phrase
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: 'Con & Yu' <dorun -at- m3 -dot- dion -dot- ne -dot- jp>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:18:53 -0400

I'd guess that this is the same as us not mixing active and passive, or
maintaining parallel construction.

if you are going to use metric, use metric only...if you are going to use
English, use English only.

No, it doesn't mean know only one. In fact, I'd guess you'd need to know
both equally well, since often you will get readings in one and must convert
it to the one being used throughout your project.

John Posada
Information Hunter-Gatherer
Special Projects; Information Technology
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656

>No self-respecting scientist would mix English and metric systems.
>
>Does this mean that scientists only need to know one of the two systems? or
>something else?

**********************************
This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If
you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary to
delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transaction
Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary,
this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise
intended to bind
this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other
person or entity.