RE: interviews and ethics

Subject: RE: interviews and ethics
From: "Victoria Nuttle" <vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:08:34 -0500

>Have you ever been to a job interview only to find out
>later that the company flat out lied to you?

It's pretty common for a place to be interviewing for a position before
they actually have approval to create a new position or hire someone as
a replacement. I consider that to be a lie. I was reading in an
article not too long ago that some companies are using the depressed job
market to gather resumes and conduct interviews without any set plans of
having any open positions in the near future, but not telling the
canidates that.

Victoria J. Nuttle
Technical Writer, Creative Automation
vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com