Re: dressing for interview (results-long)

Subject: Re: dressing for interview (results-long)
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:12:42 -0400

I was caught in a situation once where the employer who wished to interview me, wanted to schedule the meeting within an hour of when he called to set up the interview. I was currently employed in the business of cutting, welding, handling, and delivering steel, which is hot, sweaty, dirty work, especially during the summer. I wanted the job so I simply advised the interviewer of my current work environment, and explained that I could make the meeting but it would have to be in my current unwashed-filthy-stinking-steel-handling state.

The interviewer said "No problem. Come on in." So I did and I got the job.

I'm not recommending that this is proper for every interview, but this interviewer had no problem with it, probably because I was accommodating his schedule.

Dress up for an interview when I can? Definitely.
Absolutely necessary to do so? Apparently not. :^)

-Greg

neart - misneach - diongbháilteacht