Re: The Results (Long)

Subject: Re: The Results (Long)
From: holmegm -at- comcast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:01:18 +0000

"Tamara Reyes-Muralles" <trm -at- telusplanet -dot- net> wrote:

>I may have become biased, or just smarter, but I decided I will only
>interview people with writing courses and who are members of STC or a
>writing association.

Well, I guess you have to do what you have to do. But that would
exclude me - I have no degree, and I let my STC membership lapse when I
decided that it didn't have sufficient value to be worth the dues and
the travel to the nearest meetings. The only writing course I've taken
is the Navy's Nuclear Planner's Course - don't know if I still have the
certificate anywhere, and I don't know what it would mean to you if I
did :) Unless I explained it in the interview, of course.

I guess I should be relieved that I am happily employed! ;)

I wonder if some other screening mechanism might serve as well, or
better. Telephone pre-interviews? Request that they mail samples
in advance? Request a link to an online portfolio?

--
Greg Holmes