Re: The Results (Long)/Addendum

Subject: Re: The Results (Long)/Addendum
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:26:54 +0200

The same goes for the interviewer, of course. If an interviewer greets me in
ragged jeans and a torn T-shirt, then plants his sandalled feet on the desk so
that I can see his filthy feet (which actually happened to me once at a
reasonably large company), I think I have the right to be a little insulted.

Why? IMHO, you'd have the right to be insulted if the interviewer intentionally tried to offend you or otherwise did not respect you as a fellow human being.

This case seems to be more a matter of incompatible corporate cultures - a certain dress standard seems important to you but not to the hiring company. So you aren't a good fit - move on. Why take it personally?

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de