Re: The Results (Long)/Addendum

Subject: Re: The Results (Long)/Addendum
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:18:05 -0500

Anita! She sounds like good fodder for a story, I'm sure everyone would have had a blast with her. LOL! I trained a guy in Frame at a job who was mentally ill, bragged about his meds and disorder and it was later discovered that he heisted the documents he said were his. I did NOT have anything to do with hiring this man.

But everyone should know that the clothes do not make the person. You aren't hiring someone for their clothes. My husband wears jeans every day and is head of the Oracle Dept. He is a guru at his company and wore shorts in the summer at every other company he has worked at... I think it's a healthy show of expression to wear specific clothes, as long as you can follow a style guide (not your OWN style) when writing, I'm cool with that. But I am usually much more tolerant of proclivities than others would be because I've known some bizarre people who are highly successful. As a friend always tells me, at least 50% of the world's population is average. What a sad thing it would be to be average, IMO.

Michele

--
Michele

"I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand." Andy Rooney
www.krautgrrl.com

Anita Legsdin wrote:

Ditto. About 3 years ago, a position opened at my company, and I was involved in the interview process. The candidate arrived wearing various shades of purple from head to toe, and had rings on nearly each finger. She looked like a 1970s transplant, freshly emerged from the time machine. Corporate culture and team identity are as important as education or membership in professional societies.
OTOH, I'm a member of my local STC chapter--or at least, I was then. Ahem. (cough)