Re: (OT) Re: Avoid the Semicolon in Tech Writing?

Subject: Re: (OT) Re: Avoid the Semicolon in Tech Writing?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:17:34 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with David: the best case for using semicolons
is because the boss requires it and other sentence
structure. Otherwise, if my paycheque didn't depend on
the use of semicolons, I'd be inclined to:

- Avoid semicolons
- Avoid complex lists involving a mix of semicolons
commas and the like
- Consider using bulleted lists instead of semicolons
- Consider using tables instead of semicolons
- Consider using copious amounts of malt to assist in
my understanding of the complexities of
employer-employee realtions with regards to semicolon
use

Cheers,

Sean