RE: Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances

Subject: RE: Re: So many jobs want CURRENT security clearances
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: epubs -at- astound -dot- net
Date: 16 Aug 2003 18:47:33 GMT

My experience in this is over 20 years out of date, but
it used to be that govt agencies had their own security
depts, and if you were being cleared to work within them
or for them they would conduct their own checks on top of
the regular ones and sometimes even issued their own
clearances. That may have changed since my time, and
if it has IMO it would be good thing, because it used to
be damned inconsistent, especially if you moved back and
forth between projects for different agencies.

Gene Kim-Eng