Re: Salary Negotiation Advice

Subject: Re: Salary Negotiation Advice
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:16:41 -0700

cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com wrote:

couldn't do that). I told them the very lowest I could go is $30 (and to
me, that is being very generous!!). Please give me some general advice on
salary negotiations and on what I should do!!! HELP! Thanks. :)

If they can't give you the salary you need, be prepared to pass on the job.

If you can live with the salary and want the position - and not be constantly undermining yourself because you think that you should be making more, try negotiating for more paid time off, extra perks like telecommuting, better equipment to work with, or whatever. Be creative.

joanne grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Principal writer www.writeangles.com

i imagine that yes is the only living thing. -e.e.cummings