Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:45:31 -0700 (PDT)

> As another list denizen repeats as a mantra,
> you're worth precisely what people are willing to
> pay.

I'm going to be flat-out honest in my response... I
think that's a load of crap and I'm extremely
disappointed in people who believe that. You have the
power to command your worth. You just need to do it,
and make damned sure you're worth what you think you
are.

> Companies may say they value
> such attributes, but in this economy, this
> profession is seen as a luxury,
> one that they are no longier willing to pay premiums
> for.

I'm finding people are still willing to pay for
quality. Though companies are tight with the
pursestrings when it comes to hiring a writer, they
are a bit more liberal when it comes to hiring people
who bring solutions to the table.

Of course, not all companies want to hire such people.
Those are the companies I avoid.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com