Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: FrameMaker > Help > FrameMaker?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

> Yabbut, what you're all missing is that the client
> wants to
> do it with FrameMaker and RoboHelp, and whether you
> agree
> with the workflow and the tools or not, it sounds as
> if the
> client's mind is made up.

We don't know that for sure. Only the person who
posted does, and we haven't heard a peep from that
person since the initial posting.

> You're a contractor; you charge by the hour. It is
> highly
> unlikely that the client will pay you to set up a
> more
> efficient workflow, but you will, of course, get
> paid for
> combing thru the help to discover the changes that
> need to
> be made to the FrameMaker document.

Hmmm. I dunno. I have always proposed better ways of
doing things. Sometimes my clients took my advice,
sometimes they didn't. When they didn't, I got paid
for the extra work. When they did, they paid me for my
work, worked to find more things I could help improve,
and gave me glowing letters of recommendation.

> Deal with it and count your money when you're done!
> ;-)

Funny, I'm still counting... ;-)

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com