Re: Numbering outline levels in Word

Subject: Re: Numbering outline levels in Word
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Diane Evans <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:39:54 -0400

Diane Evans wrote:

One of our programmers just asked me a question: is it possible in Word to have more than nine levels of outline numbering?

Sounds like Y2K redux. Some programmer in the bad old days probably figured nobody would ever need more than nine levels and so reserved a single digit for the marker ;-) As with all legacy code, the likelihood of anyone digging in to find and fix that "feature" is remote, especially given that the obvious questions you mention are always going to push this down the priority list.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]