Interesting article

Subject: Interesting article
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:03:14 -0700

From CNN:
But at the same time, many companies are slashing tech support staffs. U.S.
Department of Labor statistics show software and hardware makers and other
firms reduced support staffs by 5.6 percent last year -- about 30,000
workers. Some of those jobs went to overseas phone support operations, but
many companies also channeled more of their customers to online help menus.

Those menus, computer users complain, often aren't very useful.
Seventy-three percent of those surveyed by Consumer Reports said Web
solutions are hard to find, navigate or don't work at all.

Complete article at
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/08/07/software.glitches/index.html

Looks like we are not doing as good a job as we want to. And consumers are
complaining. Good ammunition for those of us who need to convince our
clients/boss that it is important the help - and by extension the manual -
need to be useful and not a second thought.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590