Re: Indexing style refs

Subject: Re: Indexing style refs
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: Techwr-L post <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:49:46 -0700

John Posada wrote:

I reject that. That doesn't take experience and ability...it takes a good
thesaurus.
Launch the thesaurus.
Pick a word.
Find it in the thesaurus Select every possible suggested word. Take each of those words and select every possible suggested word.
Repeat until the thesaurus is included in your document.

Wow, is that you?

You really want to tell your readers "Think like me, or get a thesaurus"?

You really think they'll keep a thesaurus open just to read your help? I don't believe most will, no matter *how* useful the help is.

--David

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

HTML Indexer 4 includes fully integrated cross-references, target frames and windows, multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries, and more!

http://www.html-indexer.com/