RE: How nosy are you, + environment

Subject: RE: How nosy are you, + environment
From: "Stevenson, Rebecca" <Rebecca -dot- Stevenson -at- workscape -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:34:14 -0400

If I see something on the table by the printer that looks sufficiently interesting, I'll go looking for a copy myself (we have a central repository for these things). I do my best not to read anything that looks like an email, however, as heaven knows what might be in those. If people are having a conversation out in the hallway, if I hear something that might be of concern, I see nothing wrong with pausing to make sure and if necessary will follow up later on.

Generally, people here are wonderful about keeping doc up to date and keeping us in mind. I *very* seldom have a "why the heck didn't I know about that?!" moment.

My favorite office environment to date was an open office plan with desks arrayed in little four-person pinwheels. I thought it would drive me nuts, but it didn't. It was also, surprisingly, the quietest environment I have ever worked in, possibly due to the company custom that said if you leave your PDA alarm ringing on your desk for five minutes or something like that, you owe the room a treat.

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com