RE: How nosy are you?

Subject: RE: How nosy are you?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:09:24 -0400

> doing, I notice
> something that relates to my own duties, I will either make
> mental note
> of it, to be able to keep my eyes and ears open about it; or, if the
> person is a friend, I *may* choose to ask about the matter. It's a
> judgment call.

Two weeks ago, I saw a diagram on someone's desk one night when most people
had left. I didn't know the person other than a "hi" as we pass in the isle.
The next time I saw her, I went right up to her and asked if I could get a
copy of the diagram in electronic form, telling her that it filled in a gap
between systems that I was trying to figure out.

Her response: "Sure...by the way, you do that Visio stuff on [system]...you
have something I'd like....."

We now trade information all the time.

Remember...it's not always the case that they have something you
want...sometimes it's the other way around.

John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
"If you're afraid to be second-guessed, you better not make any decisions."
--Hal Sutton, America's 2004 Ryder Cup Captain

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com