Re: Bug tracking application

Subject: Re: Bug tracking application
From: Robert_Johnson -at- percussion -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:48:52 -0400

John Posada writes:

"Hi, guys...I've recently started using an application on our intranet
called
FogBugz where my readers can post bugs and suggestions. I've been using it
for about a week and I've already seen benefits.

Anyone else using something like this to collect feedback from their
readers?"

As I've noted before, we're a Lotus Notes tools vendor, and we use Notes
applications to track our bugs. Anyone in the company can log a bug
against documentation just as they can against any other aspect of the
product. This process makes it very easy to keep track of documentation
problems. I frequently log documentation bugs myself to ensure that I
don't forget about them and that we will resolve them quickly.

The Notes applications include Workflow, scheduling, and tracking
mechanisms, so we can easily keep track of who is assigned to fix the bug
and when the fix will go in. It's rare for a documentation issue to go
longer than a couple of months without being fixed.

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com