Re: Do you tell them?

Subject: Re: Do you tell them?
From: "Robert Plamondon" <robert -at- plamondon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 07:27:41 -0700

> I'm writing and/or updating 15 FM books. I have a web site where I post a
> PDF of each book. On a rotating basis, I'll update and rePDF anywhere from
1
> to 4 books every day or every couple of days

Send an email telling them that the process is starting. Send them an email
telling them when the process is done. Mention in both emails the method of
figuring out whether a given document has been updated yet.

For extra credit, mention the use of Acrobat's "Compare Documents" feature
to find out what's changed between the new version and whichever one they
want to use as a baseline, or post a pdf of the diffs between the new
version and a likely baseline. A few internal users actually look at such
things.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon
President, High-Tech Technical Writing

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com