User authentication and tracking

Subject: User authentication and tracking
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- capulet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:54:15 -0700

I've got a client who wants to add user authentication and tracking to
an existing Web site. In theory, the user just signs on once and then
gains access to downloadables (white papers, products, etc). However, we
want to be able to track which users do what in terms of activity.

I guess that there are plenty of content management solutions that do
this, but I was hoping for something cheap and lightweight. I'd prefer
not to install a CMS and then only use 5% of it. All of this has to
happen 'behind the scenes' without implementing a whole new front-end.
I've been looking at systems like PHPNuke, but they seem too robust for
my needs. Any suggestions? Thanks. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Words. Words. Words.
http://www.darrenbarefoot.com

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com