Re: The saga ended

Subject: Re: The saga ended
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:30:36 -0700 (PDT)

Am not sure if I understand this right. But, am on
digest and maybe I missed some pertinent parts.

A tech writer got paid and the cheque was posted three
days after the payee said it was. And, that's both
unusual and a problem? Is it? But, the customer in
question went out of their way to meet the writer and
provide the tech writer in question with a replacement
cheque? That's good, isn't it?

And, as a result, the tech writer in question is going
to take the original, late cheque, and wave it in
front of the customer's face and do some kind of
Church Lady dance while clucking, "nya nya nya nya"?

Huh?

Who cares? A payment was made. The cheque was sent
three days after it was said to have been, big whoop.
If the client becomes troublesome (I don't think three
days is troublesome, but again, am on digest so am
probably missing the nuanaces), build in a 2% late
fee. My invoices would say, "payable net 15 days, 2%
late fee charged after 30 days." In the case of a
consistently delinquent payer, and after talking to
them to try and get the trouble fixed, build the 2%
right in.

Or, quit and never do work for them again.

But, the school-boy, bridge-burning, I'm right and
you're wrong stuff . . . I'd not do that.

Cheers,

Sean

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com