Maintenance and upkeep of text insets

Subject: Maintenance and upkeep of text insets
From: "Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:39:46 -0700

I tried to post the following twice on FrameUsers, but it still hasn't come through. So, I'm cross-posting here. Non-Frame users, go ahead and delete this.

I'd like opinions and experiences from those of you who use FrameMaker text insets extensively. For insets that do not begin with a main heading, how do you identify the content so that all users who share the inset know what it is? I've thought of the following possibilities:
1. Title or subject information printed in header or footer, on master page
2. Information kept on reference pages
3. Title or subject information included in a comment marker
4. File name describes content

Are there other solutions? What are the pros and cons of your system? Also, how do you keep track of where the inset is used?

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
WatchMark
(425) 564-8135

"Old age isn't for sissies. If you want to enjoy old age, you have to work at it."
--Edward Vandenberg, MD, geriatrician

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com