RE: Feedback [LONG]

Subject: RE: Feedback [LONG]
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:39:23 -0400

>I'm not sure you answered the question. It sounds like
>you *don't* verify all the information because (a) you
>don't have the resources for the volume of work, and
>(b) the team isn't 100% supportive of your efforts and
>is failing to engage with you.

I have several analysis tools; ERwin, SQL Enterprise, Cluster Admin, some
homegrown, some others. I also have an extensive collection of "lists";
server lists, database and entity lists, data dictionaries, etc. I verify
the content against those lists and I attempt to verify what I see through
the analysis tools that I use.

Just last afternoon, following was typical of the fact checking query I send
out:

----------------
Kris and Chiraq...do the following appear in Prod? I get only a partial
list of these when pulled from the main XXX QA and before I start
questioning the difference between the two, I'd like to know if they appear
in Prod as per a 4/4/2001 document makes me think they should.

[database.table1]
[database.table2]
[database.table3]
[database.table4]
[database.table5]
[database.table6]

*names have been changed for confidentiality
--------------

These are the questions that go unanswered. So, to answer your question, I
verify to the best of my ability, but sometimes, ya just want an "expert" to
either ack your understanding, or to say, "No, dumbs**t, Change Request
2003-0701 tells you that...."

John Posada
Special Projects
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com