RE: Nielsen frags PDF with misinformative Alertbox... AGAIN!

Subject: RE: Nielsen frags PDF with misinformative Alertbox... AGAIN!
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:56:33 -0400

Tom Murrell wrote:

<<Certainly it took a lot more work that creating HTML would have>>

This statement I doubt. If you already have a good knowledge of HTML or your
HTML output process is mature then I doubt you're comparing apples to apples.

Is it, for example, really more difficult for someone with little PDF knowledge
to produce a good PDF than it is for someone with little HTML knowledge to
produce good HTML? I don't think out-of-the-box default settings for save
as/print PDF are any worse than out-of-the-box default settings for save as
HTML. The problems created by the default settings in either case or the
gremlins inherent to each format are probably comparable.

But, if we consider the difference between creating bookmarks in PDF versus
providing a frame with a tree view in HTML, which takes more work for a
neophyte?

Eric L. Dunn

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com