RE: solo writer--how do you keep up, etc?

Subject: RE: solo writer--how do you keep up, etc?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:03:15 -0400

> Those of you in smaller shops, or lone writers, how do
> you keep current with the tech writing industry?

Hi, Sean...by sticking my nose into anything I possibly can, then budgeting
2-3 hours per week reading about it. It's possible I have 4-5 hours of train
ride each week.

It's also easier because I'm fortunate in that the company and department
I'm in is in the middle of the fray..that's one advantage in documenting an
Enterprise Integration Application...it's in the middle by definition.

How do I learn about what I'm seeing? I have a stack of books, ready to fall
over, at least one for every technology I'm involved with. (Remind me to
take the 3 "Bibles" off the stack built on top of the C++ Pocket Book)

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that
never were; and I say "Why not?"
-----George Bernard Shaw, Back to Methuselah, 1921

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com