RE: Passive entry

Subject: RE: Passive entry
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:46:48 -0400

> Is anyone familiar with the term "Passive entry" to refer to the
> automatic unlocking of car doors as you approach the car using some
> kind of electronic key so that you do not even need to press a button
> on a remote. I thought it was "Remote unlocking" but that
> would seem to
> entail the pressing of a button. This seems different. Is "Passive
> entry" the correct term? What else could this be called?

http://www.ti.com/tiris/docs/solutions/auto/passive.shtml

http://www.visteon.com/technology/automotive/passive_entry.shtml

http://www.microchip.com/1010/suppdoc/appnote/applic/auto/comfcon/pasentry/

http://www.boschusa.com/AutoOrigEquip/Electronic/PassiveEntry/

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/markets/identification/applications/va
ccess/pke/

You may not like it, but it is an accepted term. Don't reinvent the
wheel...that's not what you're doing this for, and you'll only confuse your
readers.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that
never were; and I say "Why not?"
-----George Bernard Shaw, Back to Methuselah, 1921

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com