Using Acrobat 4 with Word

Subject: Using Acrobat 4 with Word
From: "Marguerite Krupp" <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:39:09 -0400

Hmmmm. For the last month or so, I've been getting an annoying popup that
says:

"The add-in template is not valid.
(C:\...\STARTUP\PDFMaker.dot)"

I click OK, the popup goes away, and all is well (Word 2000, Windows 2000,
running on a high-powered Dell workstation). It's more of an annoyance than
anything else. My IT guy says it's a known problem with Microsoft Word. In
other words, "live with it." Since I mostly use Frame, it's not a huge deal,
but Word works well for certain things I do.

When I click Tools > Templates and Add-ins, I see that there are TWO
PDFMaker.dot templates (one for Office, and one for Word) and one
PDFMakerA.dot template, but it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I
check one, two or three of them (or any combination). I still get the
message box when I start up Word.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Marguerite

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com